Friday, February 10, 2012

Character Sketch - Ageer

So...after dealing with sickness, some depression, lack of motivation and Star Trek Online's Second Anniversary (where I got a very awesome Odyssey-Class starship), I return with some sketches.

Today's offering is a sketch I did back in 2010 of a character I haven't shown off before.



This is Ageer, a large buffalo character I created back in an old rp I did with a friend.
Agreer is another slave from Dys, but due to his rebelliousness the demon lord Zeleme had trapped him on a particularly strange level of his domain; a level that is filled with snow and ice for some mysterious reason.
Because he had spent years on that level Ageer had become an ice sprite. Sprites were a concept my friend came up with for creatures that had developed an affinity for a particular element; she had a character that was a lightning sprite because he was struck with lightning, so Ageer became one due to how much time he spent on the ice level of Dys.
Ageer can have some strange control over ice and snow, but because of his transformation, he can't really stand warm temperatures well. In fact, he has to wear a mask because he can't breath warm air with some serious complications.


Agreer was a fun character for me, I like buffalo since they're unique and cool looking creatures but I also really liked the character Blizzard Buffalo from Megaman X3, so that helped influence his overall design.
It was also good practice since I am terrible at working with bull/tauren/minotaur-type characters and this was one of the first ones I actually liked.

Ageer was supposed to be inked and colors some time ago, but for some reason I never actually got around to it. I may have to remedy that sometime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment