Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Character Sketches - ITS Character Concepts

As some of you may recall, I am a fan of the world of the Intergalactic Truckstop, a comic created by Chaz-GELF, and I have created three fan characters set in that world; Jasper, Saar and Enigma.

Well...I have more.

Some time ago, I was wondering about a group that could exist in the ITS world, and I started to come up with ideas and concepts that could be fun to play around with, so here are some concept sketches for two more characters.



Firstly, there is Captain Adam Nebula, the human captain of the cruiser 'Atlantis'; mysterious cruiser that no one seems to know anything about. He is part of a four-person team that would like to call themselves mercenaries, but are pretty much a group that is willing to do almost anything to make money, whether it's hauling cargo or such. This means most of the time they're glorified cargo movers, but have taken the occasional dangerous mission.


Again, good practice at drawing humans, and I never developed a proper bald character before, so it was good practice.
Nebula is kind of an interesting character; back in the day when I started to use the internet and started role-playing I didn't really develop Dorgan or Bahamut, so I came up with the character name 'Christopher Nebula' for a sci-fi based character. Since Adam shares a lot of similarities, I decided to give him the Nebula name as well, kind of letting the name live on.



Next up is K'Ral, the Quargon gunman and weapons expert of the team.
K'Ral has been friends with Nebula since the beginning of their space-faring adventures, a Quargon that is very familiar with all manner of weapons (I kinda of think of him as the 'Garrus' of the group in a way). He has stayed with Nebula when they started up their business and has stuck with him through thick and thing. He loves getting a chance to tinker with the team's gear, but spends a good amount of his time with his own gear of the weapons on the ships. (Mmm...calibrations.)

It seems that when I come up with sci-fi themed teams, I always have one weapon's expert, and he's always a reptilian of some kind, so it was very appropriate for K'Ral to follow the same. He is based off another character of mine that worked off the original Nebula concept, so this really just works hand in hand.

Remember, all things related to the Intergalactic Truckstop is (c) Chaz-GELF.

No comments:

Post a Comment