Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Sketch - Rubicon Refit

I am not very good at designing or drawing ships, and yet I still try for some insane reason.

Today's posting is an idea that I really want to try and make work.
As I have mentioned before, in Star Trek Online my main character's ship is the USS Rubicon, an Avenger-class starship that is unique to STO. The ship design itself is good, but it's not 'perfect', shall we say. Normally I didn't let this bother me, but recently I found the Federation Starship Datalink and their article on the designing of the Enterprise-E, I was looking at the concept art for the ship and I found this one in particular.

The likeness between the concept art and the actual Avenger-class is...rather uncanny.



That's when I had this strange idea for a refit to the Rubicon, a new updated version of the Avenger-class that kind of combined the design ideas from both pictures.
The sketch is a first attempt that is..meh. It has some things that I do like, but it is -very- rough, so it's something to work on down the line I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment