Saturday, January 7, 2012

Character Reclaimation - Zack and Leeto

For today we have two sketches and some characters that really did need some love and attention, first is Zack and second is Leeto.



Zack, or Zuloroko, was created around the same time as Orion and was part of an rp I did with an old friend many many moons ago.
He was meant to be the son of Bahamut and someone else, so part of the fun was coming up with a design based on two and he was a lot of fun. However, to make a long story short, things happened and well, he had created a 'sore spot', so Zack kind of fell into obscurity.

But that brings us to his sketch. One of the big things I wanted to do was try and 'reclaim' Zack. That is, recreate him with some design changes that removed the one link and made him solely my own.  The tricky part was trying to change enough that I didn't create something completely different.
Now, to consider coloring this; one of his big changes will be his color scheme.



Leeto was pretty much a character I created for fun. He was also a 'lovechild', meaning that his design was based off of my character Bahamut and someone else, but he had ended up creating the same kind of problem that befell Zack.

So, again with this sketch I wanted to 'reclaim him', rework his design to make him solely my own again, but again trying to change enough of him was a bit of a challenge, moreso than with Zack.
I'm not sure if I completely succeeded with Leeto here, his design is good but I still feel like I could do more with it.  Maybe it'll be something to work on should I attempt to color this.

No comments:

Post a Comment