Sunday, January 15, 2012

Sketch - Arvanche's Jolly Roger

Something a bit different for today.

A while ago I started a steampunk airship pirate theme with my character Bahamut and I thought it would be fun if others joined if they wanted to, drawing their own characters in a steampunk theme and they would be added onto Bahamut's airship crew.

Well, at some point I realized that Bahamut's crew and ship would need their own jolly roger at some point, but coming up with a design for a jolly roger was a lot trickier than I expected.
There are so many different designs seen through history, so I looked to them as well as Abney Park's own design for inspiration before I designed something I really liked.



This design was done back in June of 2011, and I think it's a good design, I think there is enough for the theme and it keeps the classic 'skull and cross bone' design.
I really need to get a finished look for it, but the extra bits I have going for it may take a while, since I would like to play around with vectors for this but I haven't really 'mastered' using them just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment