Saturday, January 21, 2012

Character Sketches - Captain Dorgan

Originally, I wasn't going to let anyone see these, but I finally thought that there wouldn't be any harm in showing them off.

This collection of sketches is of my Starfleet Captain Christopher Dorgan of the USS Rubicon.



Dorgan is one of my main characters/personas next to Bahamut, in fact he was one of my first ones. I always stuck him into different themes, trying to find a good place for him and one of them was, of course, Star Trek.
When I got my hands on Star Trek Online, there was no question on who would be my first character and my "main" in the game; it was Dorgan.



This caused me to want to start doing some Star Trek art, trying to work on my STO ship and crew but the problem is that...honestly I don't think I'm any good at drawing humans, as these sketches will probably confirm.



I tried drawing Dorgan numerous times, but I just could not get him to look right at all, and during this time I really wasn't liking my art so it really didn't help moral.



Out of these four sketches, I do have to say that my favorites are Number 2 and Number 4; in the second sketch I actually tries for a kind of action pose, so it's different enough that I like it, and number fourth is one of my better attempts at drawing him in hopes of finishing it somehow.

I will keep drawing to work on Dorgan, as well as the rest of his crew, I could use a good excuse to work on more humans and humanoids.

No comments:

Post a Comment