Friday, January 6, 2012

Character Sketch - Orion

Alright, so today marks the start of this new blogspot sketch book...thing.
My goal with this is to hopefully post a sketch or two a day, so we'll see how well that works out.

Sometime ago I actually wanted to try and do some serious sketching and draw some of my older characters that haven't gotten a lot of attention in a while, and so my first character was Orion.



This is Orion, Bahamut's first born son and the prince to Zenethia.
I have been really rotten to Orion though, putting him through a lot of crap.  Some of it was (mostly) harmless, but later on it became more and more serious: he looses his mother due to an illness, he looses connections with his family, had his emotions trampled on, tortured horribly by the demon Zeleme that included loosing his wings in the most horrible way, nearly fails in trying to rescue a group of escapees from Zeleme's realm of Dys, and would finally become a kinslayer when someone makes him believe that things will somehow get better if he hunts down his brothers and sisters.

So...he's been through a lot, and that's why he kind of looks like he's on edge in this sketch.

There is a good chance I may do some more with him later on though, I've been really rotten to him so I think I should do something good for him for once. Hell, he really does deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment