Friday, May 18, 2012

Character Sketch - Bahakumen

Small posting for today.

Since today is my sister's birthday, this sketch seems somewhat...appropriate.
My sister loves the BlazBlue game series and to me it's not a bad series, it's just hard for me to really get into it. There aren't many characters in it and very few of them are actually interesting or likeable and the plot is so insane that when I try to think about it my head explodes (and yes, when half the game is cut scenes, plot is rather important). The art of the game is a mixed bag as well, some of the art is really awesome, while some of it seems downright comical (sometimes on purpose, sometimes not).
 
Out if all of the characters in the game, I would probably have to say that Hakumen is probably my favorite. Not only does he look pretty cool, his story (as jumbled and crazy as it is) is kind of interesting as well, I just wish he wasn't such a pain in the tail to play in-game.

Somewhere along the line though my brain came up with this crazy idea: Bahamut + Hakumen = Bahakumen.



So I thought it was probably time to try and draw this idea out, but the problem is that; like Dynasty Warriors before it, when I try and sit down and work with something that has deceptive details in the art it kind of goes pear-shaped, and this is complicated by me trying to take my own spin on things.

But, this is my first attempt on the idea, not bad, but it could be a whole lot better. The idea still amuses me though so I may give this a second try.

No comments:

Post a Comment