Saturday, May 19, 2012

Concept Sketch - Hexagonal Building Conplex

Small posting for today, but it's different from my usual so I think it would be worth showing off.

Inspiration comes in odd forms; while playing with some BuckyBalls/NanoDots (a collection of 200+ tiny magnets that are addictive as anything) I ended up forming three hexagonal pillars and put them together, that's when my brain said that the setup is kind of like a building complex of some kind.
So, I sat down and worked on a very rough concept for the said building complex.



The idea of pretty basic, hexagonal shaped buildings of varying sizes and with specific purposes, the smallest being kind of a lounge/reception area with a garden, while the other buildings are offices or labs or serve some other purpose.
That's when I had the odd idea for the tallest building; the small area at the top of would be some kind of penthouse that could serve as someone's base of operations; either a criminal group, secret agent or heck, even some kind of superhero.

This is pretty much a random idea that I thought would be neat to play with. It could be something I'll play with later, get back to working with proper perspective and maybe create some kind of concept painting for the while complex.

No comments:

Post a Comment