Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sketch and Color - Einar Bahamut

Something a bit different for today.

My sister; who goes by AlenaSyrene on dA and celveryiashipping here on tumblr, is a really great artist and has a lot of wild and crazy ideas. One of her big ideas is her own world called Celveryia, which is a pretty huge setting with many key figures and races and so forth (and a lot of Ace Combat references; I'm looking at you Mobius).
One of her creature/race ideas she had that I really do like are the 'Einar'; I'm not too sure what their story or history is now since she did a little "house cleaning", but they still look cool and I liked their original concept.

Occasionally for fun I poke her ad go 'DRAW ME SOMETHING!', knowing full well that she either won't or she'll draw some very random stuff. One time I told her to "draw me an einar" (technically I said 'Draw me an einar or I won't show you this silly picture of David Tennant').
So, during the recent Memorial Day weekend where we had to go to a family get-together, she didn't just draw me an einar, she drew Bahamut as an einar.



And I thought it was pretty awesome.

So the other day I decided to take the sketch into SAI and color it just for the heck of it.



Simple and straightforward, but it was fun and I have to admit, he looks cool.

Legal stuff:
The original sketch, the Einar and all things Celveryia are (c) AlenaSyrene.
Bahamut and the colored version of said sketch are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment