Monday, May 14, 2012

Sketches - Critters

Sometimes when I'm bored or I'm feeling really uninspired or braindead I just doodle, and most times I doodle critters. SO, today's posting is a small collection of the critters I drew up.



First up is one of the cases where I had no direction at all, so I just drew something fluffy and scaly. He strikes me as being a kind of 'guardian creature', kind of like lions and foo dogs (chinese guardian lions).



Second image are of two random critters I drew up real quick, again no real direction.
The one on the left looks as confused as I am, lol.  One the right was just some random feathered serpent, like a coatl or such, with a random human doodle for size comparison (he's Starfleet btw. God I'm a nerd.)



Third up was something random again, started off as something small but got a little more development. When I was working on this, my brain suddenly went 'give him a fin-tail' and voilĂ , I created a kind of seal critter; well sort of a seal, I guess his tail is more like a dolphin or whale's tail.
I actually like this design, so it may be one I work with more later.



And lastly, this one isn't so much a random critter but rather was just one I haven't given much thought on in a while; this is a random Athmesdian kobold shaman (my own take on kobolds, rather than the DnD kind).
The mask he's wearing was kind of random, I think it was an influence from the comic 'Prophecy of the Circle'. I liked how it looked, so I decided to just throw it up here with the other critter doodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment