Saturday, May 12, 2012

Sketches - Random Humans

I am not very good at drawing humans.
I really don't know why but human characters are always tricky for me, which is one reason why I need to do more of them when I can. So today's posting is of some small human character sketches that I came up with on the fly.



First up is just some random cyberpunk/cyborg kind of character. Since mech/tech and humans are some of my weak points, i just scribbled this up to get an idea out. Admittedly, the gun arm Kinda is odd but kind of nifty.

This could be something I can keep a hold of and play around with more later.



Second one up is a classic idea of the big general or colonel character; huge broad shoulders, mustache that wiggles when he talks, huge hat covering his eyes.
It's kind of cliche, but hey, sometimes the classics are just fun to draw.

Actually, he's kind of how I picture Corporal Punishment to look like in Improbable Island...






Third up is an idea of a big 'brick' character, the kind of character that has this big and bulky look, huge shoulders, square chin, suit that barely fits over his frame. Originally I was going for the 'big mook' kind of character, but with the addition of the hat he made me think more of like a classic 'Scotland Yard' kind of character, so that's what I ran with.

I named him Detective Squarechin, and on the right there is his pet cat Oscar. The critter doodle was originally something random, but the idea of this big and burly detective with a pet cat just seemed right.

Random ideas, but they were fun and hey, might be something I can work on at some point down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment