Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Character Sketches - Nal'Ia and Illisandra

Today's posting involves some more Champions Online ideas.
It's kind of odd and funny how playing with CO's character builder actually helps me with ideas and concepts for characters, so here are two more that I needed to draw out.



First up is is Nal'Ia. The idea for this character is that he's actually an ancient deity of snow, winter and travel and he's the god that my character Gene believes in.
Nal'Ia is meant to be a white lion with ice wings and he is a kind, protective and honorable god.
Nal'Ia is actually meant to be a kind and friendly deity; even though he represents the harshness of winter and the snow in harsher lands up north, he actually cares and protects those who worship him and who ask him for safe passage through the harsher lands of the North.
Nal'Ia has two siblings that represent other elements; his brother is a spirit of fire and vengeance while his sister is a spirit of storms and secrets.

I was very surprised at how well this turned out when I first created him in CO and I knew that I had a good base to work with for an actual drawing, and it's a good excuse to draw more feline-type characters.



Next up is a dragoness named Illisandra. She actually bares the name of an older character that I had a long time ago and it seemed to fit her perfectly.
Illisandra is meant to be a mage-type of character, not sure what her element is meant to be so I'm kindof leaning towards force or maybe something psionic, not too sure yet.
What I thought was amusing was that when I was working on her, she kind of made me think she belonged to the same school as another character a friend made; Lorica.
She's a young mage and very timid, which is one reason why she wanted to learn magic and maybe become an adventurer; to go out and explore the world and maybe becoming a bigger part in it.

One thing that's fun about CO is that sometimes you have to be very creative with the costume pieces you have at your disposal to create the idea, and seeing other players helps inspire me as well as help get my own creativity going, but when I made her in-game, I knew she was another one that I had to draw out.

It's a shame/surprise I haven't made these characters and kept them in-game, but I have so many characters already that if I wanted them, I would have to find room or buy more character slots, heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment