Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Design Sketches - Star ships

I am not very good at ship design, just something I've had a problem with. I come up with ideas, but they don't always turn out well when I try and work them out.

Doesn't keep me from trying though, can't really learn without trying, right?

Anyway, today's posts are two ship designs I've been trying to work during my time 'away'.



First up is a cruiser design for an alien race (the same 'unknown captain' race I had up here earlier).
Wanted to try and come up with something different: one of the main things I was trying to go for was having the main bridge in the bottom rather than the top like so many other ship designs tend to do. I also wanted to try and come up with some kind of unique design for the bulk of the hull. In the end though, it kind of reminds me of a carrier-type ship rather than a cruiser.



The second ship design is meant to be a smaller frigate-type ship, dubbed 'the Atlantis' (I dunno, I always wanted to have a smaller ship named the 'Atlantis', either that or the 'Excalibur.').
I always like ships of this kind of design, it's just tricky trying to come up with a look that is different. Also tricky trying to figure out how to make the design work overall with the ideas for the deck layout.


These might be some designs I'll work on later on down the line.

No comments:

Post a Comment